Roald Dahl wrote children’s books that inspire kids around the world, but he also had several controversial views that aren’t acceptable by today’s norms. This leaves modern parents in a difficult position. So if you want your children to idolize the beloved author, here are six quotes that you should avoid:
- The one where he claimed bad thoughts are what make you physically unattractive.
- The one where he said he’d rather be dead than fat.
- The one where he blamed Holocaust victims for getting murdered.
- The one where he praised Hitler. While you’re at it, don’t look into what he said about Mussolini.
- The one where he literally said he was antisemitic.
- Everything else he said about people that are Jewish.
If you made it to the end of the list, you are bad at ignoring things.